Pagine

Well, I'll be Damned!

7 comments
I try not to complain about my job too much. I mean, if you asked me if I went through 5 years of college with the ultimate goal of ending up as a receptionist, well, you tell ME what you think the answer is.

Truth be told, it's not so bad. I have a great boss and get paid well for such a low-stress job. It's a casual environment and the people I work with are all pretty cool for the most part. It helps pay the bills and generally I feel pretty blessed. I mean, I sit here and blog half the day.

But let's be honest. If you're in any sort of admin position you know how thankless it can be at times. I don't think people realize that admin work is more than just answering phones. My main job function is to help keep the office running and make everyone's lives easier, but often times I feel like I may as well be invisible.



Some days it gets pretty discouraging. And while I do receive the occasional "thanks, Linds!" which is better than nothing, would an actual gesture that required actual effort be too much to ask? The most effort I ever got was when someone brought bagels on "Administrative Assistant Day." I didn't even know there was such a thing. And that was two years ago!

Then yesterday my faith in humanity was restored.

Since last week's fiasco I've been wondering, did important corporate lady make her flight? Well I got my answer in a super surprising way:


Aside from the fact the flower-shop employee who took this particular transcript has absolutely no pride in their job apparently, I totally got the idea. Also, she sent me these:


At first when the delivery guy showed up and said they were for me I got all over-emotional and teary because hormones I thought they were from LT. He's been gone a couple of weeks and also broke his phone so we haven't been able to chat. I thought he was sending me flowers to communicate his love to me from afar. Turns out that wasn't the case.

But they still pretty much made my day!

Now don't get me wrong, it's not like I expect something in return when I do nice things for people. But it's really great to know that a big-shot Exec from London takes the time to think about the little people, ahem, moi.


Much love to ya,






7 comments:

  1. Good job, corporate lady! That's awesome! :) Getting flowers from a patient at work was absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me in my two years at my current job. Makes you feel all kinds of special. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! I do the same thing for work so I know exactly what you mean. The occasional (maybe once-twice a year) thank you email I get makes me all warm and fuzzy. I don't even know what I'd do if I got flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that is awesome! my coworkers better start sending me flowers stat. ;)

    ps i made my blog private to readers only for just a bit. some exciting life things going on. if you didn't receive an invite. please let me know!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that is so awesome! Good job lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay ! that was actually quite thoughtful she sent the flowers. although it would also be nice if LT sent some once in a while ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great! I hate feeling unappreciated. Your willingness to help people will go far and you'll land a career that you were always meant to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome! i love people who take the time to show you (and tell you) how much they appreciate your work.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete