Pagine

I think...I just saw a pig fly by.

0 comments



As predictable as my husband can be after nearly five years, he still has moments when he surprises me. One of those moments occurred this morning.
LT. Hubs works overnights, so he usually walks in the door as I’m fixing to leave. I was running a bit behind this morning, so we had a few minutes to chat before I headed out the door.

“How was your night?” I asked through a mouthful of toothpaste.
LT. Hubs flopped into bed, and let Winnie-the-Pooch continue to maul him with puppy kisses. “It was good. Hey, I saw one of your Pins and I think I could actually make it a project.”

I paused in the middle of my brushing, spit less than gracefully into the sink, and turned to stare at LT. Hubs, who had proceeded to fiddle on his phone.
“What board would I find all those projects you pinned?” He asked, as if this conversation was nothing out of the ordinary.

I downed the rest of my coffee (which was not nearly as tasty when combined with Colgate) and smiled bemusedly. “It should be under ‘for the home.’ That’s where I keep the projects that we could actually do.”
I wandered into the kitchen to pack my lunch as he continued to list all the pins he liked on my board: fire pit, kitchen cabinets, in ground hot tub. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to laugh because it was funny, or out of glee. I chose not to laugh at all, because my husband is taking an interest in something he usually teases me about, and as you lady-readers know, this is not something to be taken lightly.

It was time for me to leave, and as LT. Hubs continued to go on about how easy the fire pit project would be, I felt my heart smiling.
I’ve never been one for grand gestures. I’ve always felt most loved when I feel listened to and appreciated, and this was one of those times. The funny thing is he probably doesn’t even know how happy these silly moments make me, how little it takes for him to make me feel special.

I don’t need him to sky-write “I love you” or profess it on a Stadium Big screen. I prefer a soldier who will take an interest in my Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment