Pagine

Outting Myself

8 comments
LT: I'm worried you're giving up on your dream.

Me:...my dream?

LT: Of being a blogger.

Me: Oh...it's not exactly my dream. I just haven't had anything to write about.

LT: You have a ton to blog about. You just don't want to out yourself.

It's true. I've been holding out on y'all.

Ya see...

Am I totally stoked? Yes.

Am I terrified? Also yes.

In some ways I feel like such a huge kid myself. LT and I act like colossal ass-hats most of the time. 




Anyway, Google "first trimester symptoms" and I've basically had them all. You remember posts mentioning me feeling hungover even though I hadn't been drinking? The lunchtime car naps (which still happen)? The crazy shedding? Yep, all first tri stuff. It was pretty miserable. And for all you lucky B's who are all "I never had morning sickness, teehee!" Shut up. I hate you.

Just kidding. 

Thank God it gets better in the second trimester, which I just started (15 weeks along). I was waiting until I felt better to "out myself." I wasn't really up to posting for a while (hence, the complete and total abandonment of the blog for weeks). But truthfully, it's really hard to sound excited about pregnancy when you feel like this:



Maybe some of you are going, "Dammit, another baby blog. Un-following now..." And hey, that's totally you're prerogative. I can't really make any promises about the direction my writing is going to take, or the frequency of posts.

I'm not going to let being pregnant, and one day being a mom, completely define who I am. I mean really the only thing that's changing is I have to stay sober for forever a few months. 

Well that's a lie. I'll probably get super fat, too.

I miss beer.


Much love to ya,










8 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! being a parent is wonderful, frustrating, rewarding, irritating, amazing, heart warming and heart wrenching all mixed up into one colossal mess! you'll know what i mean when you have your baby.

    just remember this: everyone like, EVERYONE will have an opinion on something about your baby and you and they'll talk a lot of shit about 'do this' or 'do that' or 'why isn't baby doing this' or some shit like that and this is what you do: IGNORE ALL OF IT. follow your instinct, trust your gut and go with the flow. use whatever information suits you/your arrangement/your baby/lifestyle and everything else will fall into place.

    most of all, congrats again!! so happy for you :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I was wondering where you were :) Makin babies I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also sorry about beer i love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was the girl with hate in my heart for anyone that asked me how i was feeling. i had hormone overload and wanted everyone to just forget i was preg. it was pretty ridic. i missed beer for a hot second. beer and coffee. but then those cravings went away. and then the coffee one came back after week 14 and i started drinking one cup a day. after that one cup i felt like i was on uppers and crack. it was amazing. i'm out. http://farmerbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahahahahah congrats!!!!!!!!!!! minus being sickie. i know that's going to be the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, congratulations!!! How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you've had a rough time with it, but HOOOOORRRRRRAAAAYYYYYY for baby! Congratulations to you guys!!

    ReplyDelete